Marine Energy session: Joining forces to reach the European targets for offshore renewable energy
Tuesday 26 October 2021 | 13:00 – 14:00
To realise a climate neutral energy system by 2050 that is both reliable as well as cost efficient, the EU aims to deploy 40 GW of emerging renewable technologies in our seas and oceans. Specifically for marine energy, the first 100 MW need to be realised by 2025, rapidly scaling up to 1GW by 2030 to reach commercialisation. To achieve these ambitious targets, developers, supply chain, governments and investors need to connect and work together across sectors and countries. Join us in our Marine Energy Session to discuss how we can work together to step up to this challenge.
- 13:00 | Welcome + Intro Marine Energy, by Britta Schaffmeister (CEO DMEC)
- 13:05 | Setting the Scene: European Targets, by Xavier Guillou (DG Mare)
- 13:15 | Multi-source Renewable Offshore Energy Parks, by Benjamin Lehner (DMEC) & Rebecca Pike (RWE Renewables UK)
- 13:25 | Supply Chain and Marine Energy Sector joining Forces, by Michael Baumann (SFK Group) & Gavin McPherson / Gary Connor (Nova Innovation)
- 13:35 | Financing Marine Energy Resilience Solutions, by Alexandre Chavarot (Coalition of Climate Resilient Investment)
- 13:45 | Panel discussion ‘Winning formula in growing marine energy market’, by Britta Schaffmeister (CEO DMEC) – all speakers
- 14:00 | End
This session is powered by: Dutch Marine Energy Centre
OEEC 2021 content programme
The offshore energy sector is changing. Developments like the energy transition and the need for sustainability are reshaping the industry. During OEEC 2021 we will discuss this transformation and highlight the different facets of an industry in change.