At Energy Plaza you will find The Stage, where countries and companies will showcase their products, services or introduce new innovations and solutions to the entire offshore energy market. It's a great way to connect with a larger audience at once.
11.00 - 11.20 hrs:Teleport - Company Presentation
12.45 - 14.00 hrs: ASMI Singapore Networking Reception
15.00 - 15.30 hrs: Formosan - Taiwan Offshore Wind & localisation challenges (Speaker: Manuel Zehr, Director of International Projects)
The hype is over and the first demonstration offshore wind farm Formosa One – Phase 2 is done via 100% exports from Europe. Starting from 2020 only local set-ups, joint-ventures and an increase usage are mandatory, but how? The Taiwan government has no manual and locally is little to nothing to source. That's what Formosa Business Support is for. To establish a local supply chain by implementing European know-how and expertise into the new industries.
15.30 - 16.00 Department of International Trade - Country Update UK
16.30 - 17.00 hrs: Offshore Quiz & Young Professional Drinks by Young IRO
• 11.00 - 12.00 hrs: UK Department of International Trade - Country Update
• 12.00 - 12.30 hrs: Teleport - Company Presenation
• 13.00 - 13.30 hrs: Peninsula - Company Presenation
• 15.00 - 15.30 hrs: Formosan - Taiwan tidal and wave power, pioneer times for a new industry (Speaker: Manuel Zehr, Director of International Projects)
Within the enthusiasm for offshore wind, experts around the world forgot that the Taiwan has a renewable energy act which covers "oceanic" power as well. Thanks to the Kuroshio water stream coming from Japan, Taiwan's east coast is as stable as Scotland. Learn more why it might even be a bigger hype than offshore wind and how you can benefit from the renewable energy act on a commercial scale.
• 16.30 - 18.00 hrs. Networking Drinks Nexstep (invitees only)