Anadarko: First oil flows from Heidelberg field
- Project & Tenders
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation has started production from its Heidelberg field located in the Green Canyon area of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
Anadarko is the operator of the field with 31.5% interest, while the other 68.5% are shared by Cobalt, Eni, ExxonMobil, Freeport McMoran, Marubeni and Statoil.
According to Anadarko, the production from Heidelberg, the company’s second truss spar development, started on Thursday, January 14, 2016.
This 80,000-barrels-of-oil-per-day floating production platform is a replica of Anadarko’s Lucius truss spar and is a part of the company’s “design one, build two” approach to development. Lucius began production in 2015 and now Heidelberg produced its first oil in January 2016.
The Heidelberg oil field was discovered in January 2009 with the first successful appraisal well drilled in April 2012. According to Anadarko’s estimates, the field has 200-400 million barrels of recoverable resources.
Offshore Energy Today Staff