DryShips Takes Full Ownership of Heidmar
- Business & Finance
Greek ship owner and operator DryShips has completed the acquisition of 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of Heidmar, a global tanker pool operator.
The company previously indirectly owned around 49.8% of Heidmar. As part of the transaction, DryShips acquired the remaining 50.2% of the pool operator currently held by other unaffiliated entities, for an aggregate consideration of USD 17 million.
DryShips said that the transaction was approved by the independent directors of the company, adding that Pankaj Khanna has been appointed as CEO of Heidmar, with immediate effect.
“We are excited to complete the acquisition of 100% of Heidmar and to simplify its ownership structure that will allow us to develop Heidmar to its full potential as an independent business line,” George Economou, Chairman and CEO of DryShips Inc. said.