Finalists of Oil & Gas UK Awards Announced
- Business & Finance
The finalists for the Oil & Gas UK Awards, sponsored by Shell U.K. Limited, have been announced.
This year’s awards are set to be the most hotly contested yet, after a record number of entries were submitted across the five categories. The prizes will be awarded at the annual awards ceremony at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on 8 November – an event which is already one of the year’s most eagerly anticipated.
The finalists are:
Overall Excellence (sponsored by Marathon Oil U.K. Ltd):
– Rebecca Hall, Commercial Manager, BG Group
– Donald Horsfall, Senior Operations Supervisor, Well Testing & Commissioning, Expro
– Keith Neish, Senior Mechanical Engineer, AMEC
Young Technician of the Year (sponsored by OPITO Ltd):
– Sam Cavender, Operations Engineer, 3Sun Group
– Michael Learmonth, Production Technician, Woodgroup PSN / Nexen Petroleum
– Craig Wood, Electrical Technician, Apache North Sea
Mentoring (sponsored by Chevron North Sea Limited):
– Dave Cockburn, Engineering Development Director, Sparrows
– Simon Daman Willems, NOV UK Manager, Shell UK Limited
– Jeanette Yuile, Head of Sub Surface and Wells Data Management Europe, Shell UK Limited
People Development (sponsored by University of Aberdeen):
– Axis Well Technology
– Champion Technologies Limited
– UK Training and Competence team, Wood Group PSN
Business Efficiency (Sponsored by Apache North Sea):
– Chevron Upstream Europe
– Cyberhawk Innovations Ltd / Stork Technical Services
– Stork Technical Services
Glen Cayley, Vice President – Technical for Shell, said: “At Shell, we believe it is important to recognise and reward excellence and the Oil & Gas UK Awards help to showcase the talent that is being developed and nurtured in our industry.
“To receive an Oil & Gas UK Award is a great achievement for any winner – be it a young technician at the start of their career or a mentor who has spent twenty five years in the industry”.
Malcolm Webb, Oil & Gas UK’s chief executive, said: “It’s that time of year again when the UK oil and gas industry gathers to celebrate its brightest stars. This year, the competition is even stiffer and it gives me great pleasure to see such an array of outstanding talent on display.
“There’s no doubt that the Oil & Gas UK Awards ceremony will once again be packed full of very talented people and I look forward to paying tribute to all of the finalists on the night. Best of luck to all of them.”
All winners will be presented with a specially commissioned glass trophy before an audience of leading industry figures.
Press Release, September 28, 2012