Major reorganization in MacGregor lines
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has announced changes in its operative structure and has started a reorganization into seven operative Divisions which will become effective on January 1, 2015.
The six new operative Divisions, together with Global Lifecycle Support as the seventh one, will enable MacGregor to improve customer service throughout the lifecycle of the products, offer more comprehensive packages and boost the development of new shiptype-specific solutions, MacGregor explains.
The MacGregor portfolio has grown significantly through acquisitions and now comprises of also Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes,Triplex and Woodfield products, the company says in the release.
According to the company’s press release, the new Divisions will work closely together in marketing, sales, sourcing, R&D and engineering and thus leverage the scale and capabilities of the whole MacGregor organisation for the benefit of MacGregor’s customers. To support this cross-divisional work, two new MacGregor Group-level functions are established: R&D and Sourcing, headed by Erik Hägglund Marketing and Business Development, headed by Pasi Lehtonen.
The new operative Divisions as of 1 January 2015 are:
– Auxiliary and Machinery Systems Division, headed by Alexander Nürnberg;
– Cargo Handling Division, headed by Leif Byström;
– Offshore Load Handling Division, headed by Tom Svennevig;
– Offshore Deck Machinery Division, headed by Esko Karvonen;
– Offshore Mooring and Loading Division, headed by Leif Haukom;
– RoRo Division, headed by Magnus Sjöberg;
– Global Lifecycle Support Division, appointment will be announced later in 2014.