How you can make your mark
Boskalis is hiring experienced professionals. As survey party chief for Boskalis you will work on our international projects and Rock Dumping Vessels, Cable Laying Vessels and or Diving Support Vessels. The services and expertise of our surveyors play a vital role in the execution of our projects in both our Offshore Energy and Dredging & Inland Infra divisions. You can make your mark at Boskalis by leading a team of offline- and online surveyors.
Your responsibilities as survey party chief
On board of the vessel as a survey party chief you a responsible for the offline- and online Survey-team, which in general consists of 4 to 6 surveyors. You ensure that the online surveyors gather the data correctly and in time, for the offline surveyors to process the data and create deliverables. At the same time you closely monitor the agreements we’ve made with our client, while focusing on working safely. In the position as survey party chief you’re not only leading a team of surveyors, but you play also an important role in the process between the captain, your colleagues in project management and the client.
You can make your mark as survey party chief if you have:
- At least 5 years relevant experience as surveyor in the offshore industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the software package QINSy.
- Experience in CAD software and i.a. DGPS, motion sensor, acoustic underwater positioning, initial navigation and multibeam systems.
- An eye for detail.
- Experience with managing a team and you communicate easily with the client.
- An EU passport.
- A good command of English language, verbal and written.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Your team: In the role of survey party chief you will work in one of our professional teams on a project. You will report to the operations manager.
- Where you will work: In the position as survey party chief you’ll work in a 4-week rotation schedule (beside in Europe and outside Europe, there a 6-week schedule is the standard) on board of one of our Rock Dumping Vessels, Cable Laying Vessels or Diving Support Vessels.
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of survey party chief is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. We will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of survey party chief. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, senior corporate recruiter via +78 6969973.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.