Administrative Assistant Engineering (Project Base...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Are you an Administrative magician with a passion for supporting the administrative processes? Damen Naval in Vlissingen is looking for an experienced Interim Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic team on a temporary basis. Your attention to detail and knack for supporting and streamlining procedures will be invaluable as you play a pivotal role in administrative processes as part of our engineering projects.
As an Administrative Assistant Engineering at Damen Naval, you will be a vital part of our Plans and Arrangements team as well as the Technical Specifications team. Your mission? To ensure the seamless coordination of technical specifications for accommodation systems. Working closely with the team, you'll perform a wide range of administrative tasks to facilitate our marine shipbuilding projects.
In this role, your key accountabilities will revolve around supporting and streamlining administrative processes as part of our engineering projects. You will be the go-to person for ensuring smooth communication and document management. Further your key responsibilities as Administrative Assistant Engineering will include:
- Harmonizing technical specifications for accommodation systems.
- Managing requirements in DOORS for the Technical Specification team.
- Updating and maintaining these technical specifications.
- Handling the uploading and downloading of documents and data using the 3DX tool.
- Generating requirement finding reports for various teams.
- Managing tasks in 3DX for different teams.
- Minute-taking during meetings and creating related presentations.
- Generating emails for the release of documents and drawings.
- Handling administrative tasks in the Project Information Management (PiM) system.
- Managing document status lists.
As Administrative Assistant Engineering you need to have:
- MBO-4 level degree and a solid grasp of project management and information management principles.
- Previous experience working in an engineering environment, or the maritime industry is preferred, or a strong motivation to develop your career in this sector within an international working environment.
- Prior experience in a similar administrative or support role is a plus.
- Characteristics like excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills, a proactive mindset, the ability to work independently in a supportive capacity, and strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Availability for full-time work based in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English, both written and spoken. Reading German is recommended.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness
Are you interested in the position of Administrative Assistant Engineering (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1