Document Controller (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this Interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Document Controller who can start on a temporary basis. As a Document Controller, you are mainly responsible to support the Damen Naval project team with the exchange and processing of documentation and information that is received from and sent to the customer, partners and/or subcontractors, also in terms of planning and executing the internal/external distribution and follow-up coordination. The exchanged information must also be duly registered in the PDM/PLM system under configuration control.
As a Document Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the generation of internal documentation, ensuring compliance to the Configuration Management Requirements, including referencing, naming and approval status
- Processing of incoming and outgoing documents in different databases (registration, distribution and expediting), ensuring availability to authorised personnel/recipients.
- Planning, coordination and expediting follow-up on incoming information (GFI) supplied by the customer as well as vendor data being supplied to or by subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communication internally with project engineering teams, including the internal planning and coordination and distributing reports to external parties and internal clients and departments.
- Generation and distribution of document control progress and status reports.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of the Project Deliverable and Activities List (PDAL)
- Support generation and review of CM documents (procedures, processes etc) are aligned with the needs of the Project for the daily tasks.
- Identification and implementation of improvements to processes for the achievement of document control and configuration management tasks
- Act as Point of Contact (PoC) for Document Control issues (for internal and external parties)
As a Document Controller, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Mid- or Higher-level professional education (MBO / HBO) preferably in office management, document control or similar.
- Experience in document control, administration, processing vendor documents or in a similar information processing role.
- Experience with 3DX Enovia (document management database) is a big advantage or alternatively experience in another product data/document management database as a minimum requirement.
- Aptitude for working in and with Product Data Management systems (incl. Document Management).
- Experience and skills working in MS Office suite
- Competencies: accuracy, a pro-active attitude, keen eye for detail, flexibility and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal) is essential; ideally you also have Dutch language skills or are at least willing to commit to learning this language.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of Document Controller, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1