Document Controller (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Document Controller (Project Based), you are mainly responsible to support the Damen Naval project team with processing documentation received from the customer, partners and/or subcontractors also in terms of planning, internal/external distribution, and follow-up coordination. Damen Naval has parts of a ship manufactured at several locations in Europe. For the final acceptance and verification tests, these specific goods, materials, and Damen Naval employees must also be distributed/sent to these locations.
As Document Controller, you are responsible for:
- Processing of incoming and outgoing documents in different databases (registration, distribution and expediting).
- Planning, coordination and expediting follow-up on incoming information (GFI) and goods (GFE) supplied by the customer as well as vendor data being supplied to or by subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communication with other sub-projects, including the internal planning and coordination and distributing reports to external parties and internal clients and departments.
As Document Controller (Project Based), you need to have:
- Post-secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher professional education (HBO) preferably in office management, document control or similar.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in document control, administration, processing vendor documents or in a similar information processing role.
- Experience with 3DX Enovia (document management database) is a plus or alternatively experience in another product/document management database as a minimum requirement.
- Competencies: accuracy, a pro-active attitude and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Aptitude for working in and with Product Data Management systems (incl. Document Management).
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential; ideally you also have German language skills or are willing to commit to learning this.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Document Controller (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1