Electrical Engineer (Schiedam)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Electrical Engineer at Damen Naval, you will conduct a range of responsibilities within the field of electrical engineering. Starting from the proposal phase, you will actively contribute by formulating design proposals and conducting meticulous calculations. Throughout the project's execution, you will collaborate with a team of fellow engineers, combining your expertise to generate comprehensive engineering documents that align with the project's requirements. Your role will involve leveraging your technical and practical knowledge to develop robust and innovative designs. Your contributions will be crucial in ensuring the successful implementation of electrical systems during the one-year assignment.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline, along with extensive experience and knowledge in the design and installation of complex electrical systems, preferably in the domains of ships, offshore installations, or industrial settings. Knowledge of EMC regulations and compliancy precautions is essential. The ability to work effectively in complex project environments is also highly valued.
As Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing deliverables such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings, and test/validation plans.
- Perform necessary technical calculations to validate the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews to ensure the required quality standards.
- Create technical and functional specification documents.
- Conduct cost analysis of received offers in collaboration with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant requirements and specifications imposed by Class and the customer.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to ensure timely contributions to the project.
- Develop and documenting standards and working methods.
- Provide support in producing and submitting proposals to customers.
- Offer technical support and conducting commissioning activities for projects under contract.
As Electrical Engineer, you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in and knowledge of the design and installation of complex electrical systems preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Knowledge of EMC regulations and compliancy precautions.
- Experience to work in complex project environments.
- Good command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbal - German is a plus.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Engineer, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1