Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As an Engineer ILS, you will be responsible for projects related to the ILS scope and services for the naval vessels of Damen Naval. You will work on the project related to ILS. With the aim of increasing the availability and operational readiness against the lowest cost over the entire life cycle of the ships.
The general ILS work includes analysing maintenance plans/tasks, technical documentation (S1000D), supply support, including special tools & test equipment, and training. For this, as an Engineer ILS, you will work together with other disciplines in the organisation to prepare ILS deliverables. As Engineer ILS you can work sometimes on a broad variety of tasks within the ILS field. You will work in multifunctional teams to develop and deliver the ILS products, on time, within budget and within quality standards. You deliver contractual agreed ILS packages and increases customer satisfaction. As Engineer ILS you will also contribute to the further development of the strategic ILS technology roadmap.
As Engineer ILS you will:
- Perform ILS analysis such as LSA and other ILS topics.
- Study and report the reliability and maintainability of naval equipment.
- Cooperate with the technical (design), and procurement department and report to the Project Manager ILS.
- Work on ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/ LSA including RAM and LCC calculations, Supply Support, Technical Documentation, Training, and Transfer of Technology.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Deliver ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant ILS standards.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals and in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes, and methodologies.
- Prepare ILS training material(s) for technical equipment and naval products.
- Prepare budgetary offers and estimations of projects costs.
- Familiar with configuration and data management.
- Study technical regulations and technical drawings that apply in each project.
As Engineer ILS you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of marine engineering or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of ILS and with the development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment or alternatively maintenance experience in an engineering environment.
- Experience in working in multifunctional and multicultural teams and environments.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal and command of additional languages like German and Spanish are an advantage.
- Preferably a naval background or affinity with a naval environment and culture.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.