Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Field Expeditor you will be responsible for field surveys, supplier audits and FAT’s. This to ensure timely and quality compliant deliveries.
As Field Expeditor you will:
- Execute field surveys and or supplier audits in consultancy with the Desk Expeditor, Project Director and or purchaser to ensure and verify quality and delivery performance.
- Be responsible that all preconditions are met for executing a FAT (protocol available, stakeholders invited, including any Subject Matter Experts when required etc.).
- Be responsible for FAT-planning, coordination and (arranging) execution including reporting.
- Be responsible for proactively aligning with the relevant Project Quality Manager to incorporate relevant SQA elements with regard to the FAT.
- Act as single point of contact during a field survey, audit and FAT and manage the relevant stakeholders (e.g., customer, supplier, inspectors, class representatives etc.).
- Verificate and validate of compliancy with the technical specifications and or requirements during the FAT including administration of non-conformities.
- Proactive follow up of actions, non-conformities, and rectifications of the FAT.
- Monitor critical and key vendors with the aim of proactively signalling delivery and or supplier performance risks and escalate to the appropriate internal stakeholders were needed.
- Provides support to the Desk Expeditor with proactively monitoring, expediting, and reporting on contracted hardware, vendor data delivery dates, arranging transport and shipping of goods.
- Ensure that the work and or activities are done conform the relevant HSEQ policies and procedures.
As Field Expeditor you need to have:
- Bachelor degree supplemented with specialist courses in the field of auditing, quality inspections, non-destructive inspections, etc.
- Experience with working in a production environment and or quality department or similar.
- Knowledge or experience with quality inspections and or quality/process audits
- Negotiation skills, conflict management and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Competencies: customer, result and quality orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, planning and organising, problem analysis, decisiveness, negotiating, persuasiveness, and initiative.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Field Expeditor, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.