Outfitting and Accomodation Engineer
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is looking for an experienced Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer. As Outfitting Engineer, you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of outfitting, where outfitting includes arrangements of the accommodation and all technical spaces excluding engine rooms.
As Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer, you will work in a basic engineering team of several outfitting engineers, mainly with regards to arrangements. As Outfitting Engineer, you will implement your technical knowledge and practical experience, on subjects as maintainability, producibility and ergonomics etc.
As Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer you will:
- Execute engineering activities within the 2D and 3D environments, such as Cadmatic or 3DExperience (Catia).
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required information, such as arrangements, lists and fabrication/mounting drawings.
- Contribute to the further development of the department.
- Develop and describe yard standards.
As Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer you need to have:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) related to the outfitting discipline.
- At least two years’ experience with the engineering of Outfitting systems.
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or 3DExperience (Catia).
- Experience and broad knowledge of Class- and Statutory regulations and outfitting systems, preferably gained with ships or offshore installations.
- Good command of the English language written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.