Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Are you passionate about people management and seeking an exciting opportunity in the dynamic maritime shipbuilding industry? Damen Naval is currently seeking an experienced Personnel Coordinator to strategically manage workforce allocation across projects, ensuring optimal productivity and project success. As Personnel Coordinator, you will collaborate closely with Production Coordinators and HR to ensure the right people with the right skills are assigned to projects and that training and development needs are met to enhance our workforce's capabilities.
As Personnel Coordinator at Damen Naval, you will play a vital role in efficiently managing both internal and hired staff allocation across our projects. Your responsibilities will include overseeing the strategic deployment of personnel, balancing capacities, and expertise to maximize productivity. You will maintain a high standard of talent within the organization, ensuring that all staff possess the required skills and qualifications for their roles. Collaborating with Production Coordinators, you will carefully assign production staff to various projects, considering project demands and individual capacities. As Personnel Coordinator your role also involves managing vacation planning and sick leave to ensure smooth project operations. In partnership with HR, you will identify, and address training needs for the Production department, with a special focus on nurturing young talent through programs like "Metaalwerk". Additionally, you will proactively explore opportunities to hire or borrow production personnel who meet the specific requirements of Damen Naval.
As Personnel Coordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the strategic deployment of internal and hired staff to maximize productivity and project success.
- Ensuring that all (hired) staff possess the required skills and qualifications for their roles.
- Collaborating with Production Coordinators to assign production staff to projects, considering project demands and individual capacities.
- Efficiently managing vacation planning and sick leave of employees in the Production department.
- Identifying and addressing training needs for the Production department, with a focus on nurturing young talent through programs like "Metaalwerk".
- Supervising interns and graduate students, supporting their professional development in alignment with HR.
- Proactively searching for national and international opportunities to hire or borrow production personnel who meet Damen Naval's specific requirements.
- Managing all legal requirements related to hired/seconded (foreign) personnel and maintaining accurate records of certificates, diplomas, and assessments.
To excel as the Personnel Coordinator, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor degree in (Technical) Business Administration or related field.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the production process, preferably in the naval shipbuilding industry.
- Experience in workforce management, talent acquisition, or related HR functions within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, preferably in the maritime or shipbuilding industry.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Familiar with HR policies, legal requirements, and industry best practices related to talent management and workforce optimization.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing project demands and business needs.
- Good command of the English and Dutch language in written and verbal communication.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Personnel Coordinator, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.