Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the execution of a to be determined part of a new built ship and/ or systems. This includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize within the (sub) project scope of quality standards, budget, and timelines.
As Project Manager, you will:
- Responsible for the execution of the project until final delivery to the customer.
- Codeveloping & executing a master (sub) project plan and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality & timelines. You will report on regular basis to the project director.
- Responsible for development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the project organization (including engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain departments) achieve project objectives.
- Ensuring all necessary policies and procedures are in place to safeguard that a safe and healthy working environment and maintained at all project sites.
- Accountable for the commissioning, testing and delivery of the ships and systems to the client and classification society, including all acceptance tests.
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by project management and project team members.
- Managing the project including external flexible human resource planning and assure the project team can be manned with the required capabilities.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer.
- Representing the company to customers and related professional associations.
As Project Manager, you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant technical discipline supplemented with preferably an IPMA C certification.
- Extensive experience in (shipbuilding) projects gained in international multi-site manufacturing environments preferable in the defence or security industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial management and management principles and techniques.
- Experience in building coalitions, internally and with other (inter)national entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Good command of the English and German language written and verbal.
- Ability to work in Vlissingen, The Netherlands.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.