Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Security Officer at Damen Naval, you will be the guardian of our security policies, systems, and initiatives, ensuring they align with our business objectives and comply with internal and external laws and regulations. Your mission is to protect and strengthen our security framework in accordance with company and project requirements.
As Security Officer at Damen Naval you will:
- Co-create, implement, monitor, and maintain our company security plan.
- Oversee the execution of the security plan, including processes, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, and documentation for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Offer expert security guidance to ensure that our company and projects meet contractual and internal requirements.
- Take charge of accreditations, including monitoring and reporting activities in line with standards such as ISO9001, ISO27001, and ABDO2019.
- Manage internal audit processes and project monitoring to ensure legislative and company requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect our company and project information assets from both internal and external threats.
- Identify and implement procedures, including checks and balances, to regularly assess and validate these safeguards.
- Conduct necessary reviews and audits as required.
- Coordinate with third parties during external audit processes.
- Develop and deliver staff instructions, training, and briefings as needed, enhancing security awareness across the company in accordance with planned works, current best practices, and evolving legislation.
As Security Officer you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree in (information) security management, business administration, or related field.
- Certification as an Information Systems Security Professional or a similar qualification.
- Proficiency in implementing security control systems related to ITAR, ABDO, and ISO27001.
- Hands-on experience in developing and strengthening security management systems.
- Strong command of the Dutch and English languages, both written and spoken. Knowledge of German is an asset.
- Willingness to travel frequently, sometimes long distances, and to work abroad as required.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Security Officer and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1