Senior Engineer Configuration Management
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Engineer Configuration Management, you are responsible for managing the complete product configuration and all information that describes one of our unique vessels (the product). It is your job to ensure that everyone has access to the correct, up-to-date product data in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system during the entire life cycle of the product. This starts in the proposal phase by contributing to the preparation of a correct offer, continuing throughout the development phase with managing the configuration data, and extending into the maintenance phase of the delivered vessel, in such a way that the correct data is available for use in the instruction manuals and delivery of spare parts.
As Senior Engineer Configuration Management you will support the formulation of configuration management processes and procedures, to be followed by a project, and record them in a configuration management plan. You will transfer this knowledge to the project team by training them and providing functional configuration management support. You will build a product structure, including all product information, ensure that it is duly administrated in the PDM/PLM system and assure that this information is all released and baselined correctly and, when necessary, you will advise on document changes in the product configuration.
During the development process you will have a controlling function. By means of reports you follow the compliance to the configuration management procedures and the status of changes, and you will initiate appropriate actions where necessary. By defining audit and verification moments, you will ensure that changes are implemented accordingly and are also verified. You pro-actively communicate your findings to internal and external stakeholders, as required. This role also involves:
- Setting up the configuration management plan (CMP) for the project.
- Concisely documenting configuration management procedures and overseeing the total CM process
- Setting up the product structure and master document list.
- Validating customer and supplier data and change control.
- Configuring the project data environment in a PDM/PLM system.
- Ensuring Configuration Change control, monitoring processes and making suggestions for improvements.
As Senior Engineer Configuration Management you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and preferably experience with (Naval) shipbuilding
- Experience in configuration management and PDM/PLM systems and good MS Office skills.
- Ideally, knowledge of Systems Engineering principles.
- Precise and detailed way of working and affinity with configuration management, data management, document control and change control.
- Ability to define and improve processes and document them accordingly.
- Strong communicating skills and technical knowledge to interpret and report on the status and issues relating to configuration data and configuration change control.
- Willingness to occasionally work in the office in Schiedam and travel infrequently to other sites (short business trips).
- Good command of the English language, verbally and in writing, is required. Ideally you also master the Dutch and/or German language as well.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Engineer Configuration Management, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? If so, then please apply directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1