(Senior) Engineer Systems Requirements (Project Ba...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty
As (Senior) Engineer Systems Requirements you will identify and manage the documented wishes of the Damen Naval customer with regards to a naval shipbuilding project (Engineering-to-Order). You will capture the customer’s wishes and requirements within the Requirements Management tool and support further grouping and decomposition of these requirements to support establishment of clear and functional specifications for processes and products to be developed that can be used by our engineering teams and/or used to specify subcontracted work packages to suppliers of Engineering hardware and/or software. You will also monitor the requirements traceability and perform systems verification activities as needed to collect and demonstrate objective evidence of compliance. As (Senior) Engineer Systems Requirements you functionally and hierarchically report to the Manager Systems Engineering and operationally report to the Project Manager Engineering/ Team Leader Engineering on the assigned project.
As (Senior) Engineer Requirements Management, you will be responsible for:
- Capturing customer requirements in the requirements management tool (DOORS).
- Safeguarding establishment of requirements baselines and traceable changes thereto.
- Analysing and further grouping and decomposition of requirements for use by the respective engineering teams, supporting the establishment of clear functional and non-functional specifications.
- Participate in making the formulated requirements smart, consistent and identification of any conflicting requirements that need to be resolved.
- Pro-active and frequent communication with colleague engineers in the project to make sure the requirements are well known, can be fulfilled, and are properly captured in the requirement management tool.
- Structuring the functional and non-functional requirements for specific work packages to be performed, either internally or by means of outsourcing/subcontracting.
- Actively keeping an eye on the follow up of the development process.
- Create and distribute reports (dashboards) on the status of requirements to internal stakeholders throughout the design and development process for the naval vessel, being an integrated system of systems.
- Monitor requirement traceability and perform systems verification activities to collect objective evidence and demonstrate of compliance.
As (Senior) Engineer Requirements Management, you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in Systems Engineering, Marine Engineering, or an equivalent relevant technical field.
- Common sense, logical thinking, and agility with digital tools.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, especially for the Requirements Management process (capture, analysis, validation, specification, and verification); experience with DOORS is a plus.
- Affinity with System Engineering processes (deriving requirements based on analysis of operational deployment/ usage scenarios and what that means for system behaviour to identify derived and or decomposed requirements).
- Experience or willing to gain experience with working in internationally oriented development projects in a matrix organization structure.
- Being able to work on a project basis, taking ownership and responsibility for the work and the collective objectives, by proactively seeking contact and work effectively together, both internally and externally with external parties (e.g. customer, partners, and suppliers).
- Coordination and managing the technical / requirement engineering activities and reporting clearly in terms of planning, progress and (potential) issues.
- Excellent command of the English is required. Good command of the German language (written and verbal) is of significant added value. Mastery of the Dutch language is a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1