Specialist Preservation, Welding and Adhesives
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Specialist Preservation, Welding and Adhesives you will be part of the Research & Technology Support group which is part of the Engineering Department and is made up of various specialists. The group conducts research and supports developments regarding modern technologies, as well as supporting the Products & Proposals Department to determine contract specifications. The group also supports engineering and production when detailing the design and issue specifications and instructions. Also, in the guarantee period support is given to the Services department. As Specialist Preservation, Welding and Adhesives you will be working both at the Damen Naval shipyard and incidentally on location abroad.
As Specialist Preservation, Welding and Adhesives you are responsible for:
- Drawing up and assessing contractual specifications regarding preservation, welding, and adhesives.
- Determining technical specifications and instructions based on contractual documents and classification requirements for procurement of paint and for the execution of preservation, welding, and adhesives activities during production phase.
- Maintaining the ISO 3834 related welding activities at the yard.
- Determining and assessing specifications for bonding techniques such as adhesive bonding for primary and secondary structures.
- Assessment of corrosion prevention measures.
- Maintaining contact with suppliers, subcontractors, and engineers within the organisation regarding preservation, welding, and bonding.
- Initiating and conducting research regarding preservation, welding, and bonding, as well as advising on these matters within other research projects.
As Specialist Preservation, Welding and Adhesives you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in corrosion protection technology or material sciences and a qualification for painting certificate (FROSIO) is preferred.
- Preferably a IWE welding certificate or as alternatively an IWT certificate.
- Personal characteristics: affinity with maritime industry, cost-conscious, team player, decisive, works in a structured manner, identifies problems, and sets priorities.
- Excellent command of English language both written and verbal is essential Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Specialist Preservation, Welding and Adhesives and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.