Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Structural Analyst you will work in the Naval & Structural group which is part of the Engineering department at Damen Naval. Your team work on project base and is divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic engineering and detailed engineering within their field of expertise. As Structural Analyst you will make a structural design completed with relevant structural calculations starting from proposal phase up to yard support and delivery of the vessel. From general construction plans up to detailed calculations and integrated foundations will be part of the job. Calculation’s aspects are strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, military loads such as blast and signatures aspects (for example inboard- and underwater sound), producibility, maintainability, etc. If necessary, the Structural Analyst must apply FEM calculations.
As Structural Analyst you will be responsible for the relevant project deliverables from class approval of the structure up to technical meetings with your colleagues and suppliers, class, or client representatives. You will direct the structural engineers in modelling the structure in 3D-CAD ending up with checking drawings and production packages. As Structural Analyst you can be asked to contribute to R&D initiatives on behalf of the Damen Naval structural analysis discipline if needed. Your contribution to the department to secure knowledge and improve internal processes is highly appreciated.
As Structural Analyst your responsibilities are:
- Deliver quality engineering work within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Assist in the further improvement and development of processes and methodologies.
- Support the (detailed) engineering of an outsourced engineering package, design checks and design reviews.
- Defend technical solutions and communicates these clearly with stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to applicable requirements and specifications imposed by regulatory bodies and customer.
- Execute task and role according to the relevant contractual documents and specifications while constantly remaining critical on the content.
- Integrates vendors and subcontractor’s info and perform required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers and subcontractors in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components and systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, regulatory bodies, and owner.
As Senior Structural Analyst you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering or candidates with secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) with relevant ship structures experience are invited to apply.
- Minimum of three years of working experience as a Structural Analyst in the shipbuilding and or offshore industry.
- Familiar with ship class calculations and class tools, such as DNV-GL Nauticus Hull, LR-SSC and or BV MARS2000.
- Familiar with FEM modelling and analysis software, such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP and CAD systems, such as NUPAS (3D), 3DX or Catia.
- Competencies: creative within your field, accurate, decisive, and efficient, capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Structural Analyst, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and these will not be considered.