Technical Specification Engineer Joinery
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty
Damen Naval in Schiedam is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Specification Engineer specialized in Joinery of Accommodation and Technical Spaces to join our dynamic team in Schiedam. As a Technical Specification Engineer/Engineering subcontract manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful subcontracting the required joinery/accommodation systems including detailed engineering for our Naval vessels. These specifications include lining, ceiling, flooring, furniture, insulation, galley, etcetera. Your expertise will be instrumental in transforming design concepts into detailed technical specifications, overseeing the engineering and engineering production support process, and ensuring compliance with stringent quality standards.
As Technical Specification Engineer Joinery, your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up functional technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based on customer and design requirements.
- Developing detailed technical specifications for joinery works, adhering to industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborating closely with procurement and supply chain teams to select appropriate materials and suppliers for accommodation joinery and insulation.
- Supporting quality inspections and Factory acceptance tests to verify that the finished joinery works meet required standards and specifications.
- Providing technical support and guidance to the production team, resolving any technical issues that may arise during the project.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records of joinery specifications, changes, and project progress.
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines to ensure seamless integration of joinery works with other ship systems.
- Staying up to date with industry developments and best practices related to joinery works and incorporating them into projects when appropriate.
To excel as Technical Specification Engineer Joinery, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Civil Architect, or related field.
- Experience as Technical Specification Engineer or similar, focussed on joinery works in the maritime industry.
- In-depth knowledge of joinery materials, techniques, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in using CAD software for technical drawings and specifications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex engineering data.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Familiarity with naval vessel construction processes and regulations is advantageous.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.