Sr. Engineer E&A
Are you an Electrical and/or Automation Engineer and experienced in the maritime sector? Do you really want to make the systems work and are you a team player with ambitions to (further) develop yourself and the team? Then this role could be your next step! Apply now!
The goal of Damen Workboats is to develop, design and construct a portfolio of tugs, stationary dredgers and high speed crafts in the most effective and efficient manner. Primarily based on standardized & smart-customized designs. Damen Workboats is fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time; thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients. Our vessels are produced at our yards in Vietnam, Singapore, China, Turkey and The Netherlands.
Due to the rapid developments in the field of electrification and automation within the maritime industry and at Damen in particular, we are looking for expansion within the team. Some of the developments we are working on are autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electrical propulsion systems, etc.
This all comes together in our mission statement to become the world's most sustainable and most connected shipbuilder!
As a Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you are working on a wide variety of tasks. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team in order to deliver the requested engineering documents. You implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs.
The group Electrical and Automation is part of the Business Unit Workboats and consists of approx. 15 E&A engineers. The employees are assigned to projects, where they contribute with their expertise to product definition as well as the delivery of product information.
As a Senior Engineer your tasks are the following:
- Contributing to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans;
- Verifying technical performance of vendors and subcontractors;
Performing cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department;
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer;
- Management of all electrical/data interfaces between (subcontracted) systems;
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests for main subcontracted systems;
- Ensuring quality of E&A designs by being direct person of contact for E-plan engineering;
- Offering technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract;
- Managing vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project;
- Contributing to the further development of the E&A Engineering department;
- Developing and describing standards and working methods.
In order to be successful in this role you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical/ Automation Engineering or another relevant technical study;
- About 2 to 5 year experience in the design and installation of complex systems;
- Experience in the functional development of Electrification and/or Control & Monitoring systems;
- Willingness to travel (short trips about 1 to 2 times a year);
- You master excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you :
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave (in case of full time employment);
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
Do you have questions about the role? Then please contact Gerard Eggink (Recruiter), 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.