For the offshore activities in FLC Marine, starting up between mid 2023 and start 2024, we are looking for skilled and dedicated Chief Engineers for the assigned vessels (multipurpose pontoon, spreader pontoon, protection layer pontoon, immersion pontoons, dive support pontoon and auxiliary equipment) for operation in the foreshore between Denmark and Germany.
The Chief Engineer supports the operational continuity and safety of vessels by maintenance, project equipment and related matters.
Leading the technical team on board whilst upholding the companies and regulatory standards to achieve a safe and professional working environment.
Bear responsibility for his/her work areas with a cooperative spirit towards Barge Master, crew and Technical Superintendent.
Who is FLC?
Femern Link Contractors, FLC, is the joint venture responsible for the design and construction of the Northern Europe’s biggest construction project resulting in the longest immersed tunnel in the world. Our joint venture consists of nine international construction companies with individual experience in large infrastructure projects. Together, we are committed to working together to deliver a state-of-the-art immersed tunnel, portals and ramps, delivered on time and safely, in a sustainable and ethical manner.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assists the Barge Master in operating the vessel as per regulations and company expectations to ensure safety of life at sea, security, and the protection of the marine environment.
- Complies with the company’s Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Complies with and effectively contribute to the continuous improvement of Vessel Management System (VMS), Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) related policies and procedures, and relevant authority regulatory requirements.
- Keeps adequate stock of parts and stores, bunker and lubrication oil and manages the spare-parts in the Vessel Management system
- Ensures all activities are conducted according to state, class, and flag requirements including the reporting of accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Is responsible for safety in the engine rooms; takes care to carry out the necessary work in accordance with the applicable regulations in the fields of safety, health, and environment (in accordance with the International Safety Management code and reports any incidents to the Barge Master)
- Participates in the planning of goals and objectives for the annual HSE plan with crews.
- Maintains maintenance records and equipment certification documents.
- Participates in internal audits to ensure compliance with company preventative and corrective maintenance expectations.
- Ensures all maintenance personnel have the necessary competencies, training, and skills to perform their tasks; provide assistance and training to ship personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment, and regularly appraise and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Ensures that operations are planned, organized, supervised, and executed in accordance with well programs, ship move plans, VMS requirements and contractual obligations.
- Participates in the operational daily meeting. Review the last 24 hours, preview the next 24/72 hours and plan for future operations with regards to equipment, personnel, and coordination requirements.
- Prepares maintenance department budgets and submit to appropriate managers as requested.
- Clearly and accurately communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Chief engineers license, with / whitout limitations of horsepower, or geographical area.
- Ten years of marine experience in the maritime or offshore, with increasing responsibilities.
- Possesses good conflict resolution skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, excellent teambuilding and organizational skills and diplomatically handles confrontation.
- Familiar and experienced with computer-based maintenance programs for offshore units.
- Extensive training and experience with electrical and hydraulic systems on, or equivalent with offshore floating units.
- Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements by position
Conditions of employment:
FLC considers transparent management structures, short decision-making channels, and a team-oriented environment to be extremely important. Our staff is expected to set themselves targets, achieve them independently, and take responsibility for their actions – irrespective of their position in the company.
Based in Rødbyhavn
Does this sound like you?
Then, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We will handle the applications on an ongoing basis, and we will end the recruitment process when we have found the right persons.
For HR related questions, please contact Marine Crew department on +45 2481 9442.