Femern Link Contractors, FLC
Marine Mechanical Engineer
For the offshore activities in FLC Marine, starting up Mid 2023, we are looking for a skilled and dedicated Mechanical Engineers (1st Engineer, 2nd Engineer, 3rd Engineer) for the assigned vessels (multipurpose pontoon, spreader pontoon, protection layer pontoon, immersion pontoons and auxiliary equipment) for operation in the foreshore between Denmark and Germany.
The Mechanical Engineer oversees the engine room watch and supports the operational continuity and safety of vessels by maintenance, project equipment and related matters.
Who is FLC?
Femern Link Contractors, FLC, is the joint venture responsible for the design and construction of the Northern Europe’s biggest construction project resulting in the longest immersed tunnel in the world. Our joint venture consists of nine international construction companies with individual experience in large infrastructure projects. Together, we are committed to working together to deliver a state-of-the-art immersed tunnel, portals and ramps, delivered on time and safely, in a sustainable and ethical manner.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assists the Chief Engineer in operating the vessel as per regulations and company expectations to ensure safety of life at sea, security, and the protection of the marine environment.
- Complies with the company’s Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Complies with and effectively contribute to the continuous improvement of Vessel Management System (VMS), Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) related policies and procedures, and relevant authority regulatory requirements.
- Administer stock of parts and stores, bunker and lubrication oil and manages the spare-parts in the Vessel Management system
- Ensures all activities are conducted according to state, class, and flag requirements including the reporting of accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Takes care to carry out the necessary work in accordance with the applicable regulations in the fields of safety, health, and environment (in accordance with the International Safety Management code and reports any incidents to the Chief Engineer)
- Maintains maintenance records and equipment certification documents.
- On instruction of Chief Engineer’s, independently operates the various auxiliary and other installations and systems in a correct manner
- Plans and administers tasks in the VMS
- Operates machinery and performs maintenance & repair duties to ensure operational state of equipment
- Other support duties may be possible upon request of Chief Engineer
- Provide input for preparation of maintenance department budgets and submit to appropriate managers as requested.
- Clearly and accurately communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Marine Engineer license, without limitations of horsepower, or geographical area.
- Several years of marine experience in the maritime or offshore domain, with increasing responsibilities.
- Possesses good conflict resolution skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, excellent teambuilding and organizational skills and diplomatically handles confrontation.
- Familiar and experienced with computer-based maintenance programs for offshore units.
- Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements by position
Conditions of employment:
FLC considers transparent management structures, short decision-making channels, and a team-oriented environment to be extremely important. Our staff is expected to set themselves targets, achieve them independently, and take responsibility for their actions – irrespective of their position in the company.
Based in Rødbyhavn
Does this sound like you?
Then, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We will handle the applications on an ongoing basis, and we will end the recruitment process when we have found the right persons.
For HR related questions, please contact Marine Crew department on +45 2481 9442.