Femern Link Contractors, FLC
Vessel Technical Superintendent
For the offshore activities in FLC Marine, starting up Mid 2023 - early 2024, we are looking for a skilled and dedicated Vessel Technical Superintendent for the assigned vessels (multipurpose pontoon, spreader pontoon, protection layer pontoon, immersion pontoons and auxiliary equipment) for operation in the foreshore between Denmark and Germany.
The Vessel Technical Superintendent manages the technical state of the vessel together with the vessel crew to ensure operation ability and compliance of the technical installations and the vessel.
The Technical Superintendent will be involved at the fabrication stage of the vessels and support in the early implementation of the PMS, the identification and ordering of vessel spares, the selection and contracting of specific suppliers and to support the buildup of the marine crew.
Who is FLC?
Femern Link Contractors, FLC, is the joint venture responsible for the design and construction of the Northern Europe’s biggest construction project resulting in the longest immersed tunnel in the world. Our joint venture consists of nine international construction companies with individual experience in large infrastructure projects. Together, we are committed to working together to deliver a state-of-the-art immersed tunnel, portals and ramps, delivered on time and safely, in a sustainable and ethical manner.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Resolves acute technical problems within the Vessel and installations
- Builds and maintains a safe and effective working relation with the crews
- Initiate, follows and controls the ordering, logistics and storage of spare pars and other orders
- Offers advice on technical improvements or problems
- Supports the vessel crew in solving technical problems on board, both remotely and on board.
- Support and advice the Operations team with technical information and advice when required.
- Ensures a minimum of downtime by assessing and planning the maintenance or repair works by alignment with the operations works.
- Offers input on financial reporting on regular basis and supports good cost allocation and annual budgets.
- Coaching of technical crew to ensure a sufficient level of knowledge and skills in the field of Maintenance, finance, safety, logistics, etc.
- Ensures compliance of fleet certifications according to statutory and class requirements.
- Check and monitors plant maintenance and safety performance Prepares maintenance department budgets and submit to appropriate managers as requested.
- Clearly and accurately communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Higher Professional Education(bachelor): Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Naval Architecture or Maritime Mechanical Engineer’s license, without limitations of horsepower, or geographical area.
- 6 - 10 years of marine experience in the maritime or offshore, with increasing responsibilities.
- Possesses good conflict resolution skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, excellent teambuilding and organizational skills and diplomatically handles confrontation.
- Team player, problem solver, resilient, good communication skills and taking initiative
- Familiar and experienced with computer-based maintenance programs for offshore units.
- Fully conversant with legislative and regulatory requirements for marine assets;
- Extensive training and experience with electrical and hydraulic systems on, or equivalent with offshore floating units.
- Good command of English, written and spoken, Danish or German is a plus
Conditions of employment:
FLC considers transparent management structures, short decision-making channels, and a team-oriented environment to be extremely important. Our staff is expected to set themselves targets, achieve them independently, and take responsibility for their actions – irrespective of their position in the company.
Based in Rødbyhavn
Does this sound like you?
Then, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We will handle the applications on an ongoing basis, and we will end the recruitment process when we have found the right persons.
For HR related questions, please contact Crew department on +45 2481 9442.