We are looking for an analytical and innovative general counsel to optimize our organizational efficiency regarding legal matters. The general counsel will examine and draft commercial, employment, and vendor contracts, manage IP copyrights and trademarks, and preserve business records such as minutes of meetings and resolutions for our various JVs. The general counsel will be responsible for the negotiation and management of customer contracts, insurance matters and employee relations related to the legal and regulatory framework of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. You will ensure legal compliance regarding mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity, labeling, employee safety and consumer protection. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance, and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting.
To ensure success you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations of Saudi Arabia, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing organization's legal matters.
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing organization's intellectual property.
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 10+ years experience in Saudi Arabia related to same role.
- 4+ years of practice with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Apply via the application button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.