Shore Support Marine Port Captain
Shore Support Port Captain
Final Approval will be Granted by Saudi Aramco QA after Practical Evaluation
Offshore Patrolling Vessels / Crew Boats
- Shall have at least four (4) years’ experience as Master on the type of vessel they are assigned to.
- Shall be a qualified Master, STCW II/2 licensed for his position and capable of operating any of the above vessels contracted to Saudi Aramco.
- Shall at all times be able to take over as temporary Master on the assigned vessels.
- Must be capable to handle All aspects of Vessel shore support including crew administration, management, movement, assignment and familiarization.
- Report to the Proponent and QA&CU all Vessel defect and breakdowns.
- Compiling Officer C.V. Packages for review / evaluation.
- Notifying Saudi Aramco Proponent of any planned crew movements or change accordingly.
- Ensuring every candidate Officer completes the required Familiarization with Saudi Aramco Marine Department Offshore Manual for General Operational Guidance for Chartered Vessels and associated procedures as mentioned in SAMCVS&R (Saudi Aramco Marine Contract Vessel Specifications & Requirements).
- Ensuring that every candidate Officer is fully prepared for the Evaluation.
- New Port Captain will be given a minimum 30-day probationary period. He will be evaluated on Familiarity with all Saudi Aramco Oilfields, Offshore Structures and ports; and knowledge of operational requirements for each assigned vessel.
All candidate CV submissions must have the following minimum documentation to proceed with evaluation:
- CV review sheet (below) with address, vessel role by contract, recent Picture.
- Tabulated Sea time records signed by the candidate.
- Passport Copy / National ID Copy.
- Seaman Book with Sea Time.
- STCW Certificate.
- Marlins Certificate and validation print out.
- Medical report/certificate.
- CoC and corresponding validation.
- H2S Awareness certificate.
- Knowledge of oil transportation industry preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Working knowledge of office management theories and practices.
- Ability to get along with office staff and vessel crew members.
- Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications.
- Ability to understand and execute communications.
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal or no guidance.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, type, and understand English in person and over telephone.
- Valid driver's license.
Agency calls are not appreciated.