Jan De Nul Group
Offshore Online Surveyor
Jan De Nul Group offers specialised services for the installation of subsea structures for the oil, gas and renewable energy markets. Seabed preparation, dredging of trenches, as well as their stabilisation and ballasting, belong to the offshore services. Whether it concerns subsea pipelines, cables, umbilicals, foundations, platforms or even integral wind farms : everything is always tailored to the needs of the client and on an EPC-basis if required. Do you want to be part of our international team?
All offshore services and installation are monitored by our offshore survey department, which is responsible for the organization of the hydrographic measurements and positioning services that are performed before, during or after the offshore works. For our offshore survey department, we are looking for an Offshore Online Surveyor, which will be working on board of our state of the art offshore vessels.
As an offshore online surveyor, your tasks and responsibilities are:
- The online surveyor is in charge of the actual data collection, whereas the offline surveyor uses this data to generate rock berm designs and to eventually demonstrate the rock placement meets the client's specifications. The Partychief ensures both people have all the tools, knowledge and data at their disposal to carry out their work adequately.
- You are responsible for the online survey operations on board of our offshore vessels.
- Your tasks will involve all data collection from multiple survey sensors and monitor all positioning systems on board of the offshore vessel.
- You will assist to maintain the administration related to our daily activities and calibrations.
- You will assist with the preparation of the survey as-built deliverables.
- You will report to the offshore survey party chief, who's in charge of the daily survey operations on board of the vessel.
You are an experienced online surveyor and successfully completed your education in Hydrographic Surveying or equivalent by experience. You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the offshore survey industry and you have experience with offshore navigation and positioning systems. You have experience with subsea acoustic positioning systems and multibeam. You have a good command of English.
What we offer
- An interesting and diverse job in a no-nonsense international business environment on one of our cutting edge projects worldwide.
- You will work on one of our vessels worldwide in a rotation system (6 weeks / 6 weeks).
- Team spirit and autonomy.
- A wide variety of career opportunities and a committed management team.