Business Development Manager Offshore Wind
If you are a business development person with a passion for renewable energy and a commercial mindset then this could be your chance to make a difference in the energy industry in The Netherlands (NL). You will play a key role in growing Shell’s offshore wind business by shaping our future opportunities in renewable power in NL in the context of our European ambitions.
Where you fit in
Shell’s Offshore Wind (OFW) business is seeking to build a portfolio of commercially attractive offshore wind assets with significant scale and close links to power trading and marketing. The team is uniquely positioned to support Shell’s drive to contribute to the Energy Transition through offering more and cleaner energy solutions to customers. For the generation of electricity, Shell is developing an offshore wind power business in the Americas, EMEA and Asia.
Success in (offshore) renewable generation is driven by access to resource (wind/acreage), power price, cost effective design and supply chain solutions, financing arrangements, and access to markets/customers. All these elements are important in the evaluation of prospects, and in being successful in delivering investable business cases. As the industry is growing fast, the competitive landscape is changing and will require innovation at several levels, including commercial and partnering strategies. The Busines Development Manager will act as a navigator setting the right course in the context of these developments.
The successful candidate will initially report to the General Manager Europe, a member of the global OFW leadership team. Over the coming years, the scope for this role is expected to evolve as the industry is anticipated to see many changes. Shell will adjust accordingly, and further organisational growth and alignment may then be considered.
What’s the role?
The Business Development Manager for Offshore Wind Team will be cooperating with the NL Business Manager in identifying and maturing new opportunities. The role will be key to growing our successful position in NL offshore wind in the context of the NL Offshore Wind Roadmap and ambitions of the Dutch government, Shell’s wider North Sea aspirations and the Integrated Power strategy for NL.
Other responsibilities are:
- Represent Shell externally at industry events to generate leads that can strengthen Shell’s positioning and participation in future joint ventures
- Cooperate with commercial colleagues within Offshore Wind and the wider Shell Renewables and Energy Solutions and trading community to develop opportunities
- Responsible for NL business development, market analysis and competitive intelligence, in close cooperation with OFW Corporate Relations and Regulatory affairs
- Bringing local market knowledge on tender requirements, partnering, competition, power market, customers, etc.
- Interact with peers in neighbouring countries (UK, DK, DE, etc) to maximise Shell business value from cross-country considerations, and participate in pan-European business development activities
What we need from you?
We’re keen to speak from commercially minded individuals with relevant experience in Power, Renewable Generation, or Offshore Wind and proven track record in market analysis and strategy development.
We hope you possess the following skills:
- Experience in opportunity identification and delivery in the renewables/power market
- Comfortable with the principles of Economics, Finance, Contracting and Procurement
- Proven track record in working in joint ventures, or in start-ups
- Experience with preparing capital investment decisions
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Solid analytical capabilities and change management capacity to effectively deliver this dynamic and growing business
- Very good communication/presentation skills in written and spoken English and Dutch.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.