Stichting Green Award
Research officer (1 FTE)
“A certification and incentive program for shipping. Together we contribute globally to sustainable waterborne transport “
The small, informal Rotterdam-based office of the Green Award Foundation is currently seeking a motivated, passionate, and result-oriented person for the role of research officer.
As a research officer, your role will be vital in shaping and executing our research initiatives to further develop evidence-based recommendations for our ship certification requirement. You will conduct comprehensive research on various topics related to safe and sustainable waterborne transport including technological advances and international best practices. Through a thorough data analysis, you will gain valuable insights that substantiate the development of our requirements. Additionally, you will compile detailed reports summarizing your findings, providing valuable resources for our organization and stakeholders. Your contribution to the development of innovative sustainable waterborne transport solutions will keep us at the forefront of demonstrably responsible global waterborne transport.
Who are you?
You are optimistic by nature and believe that with time, commitment, curiosity, perseverance, and conviction you can change the world. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to create that change. You have a proactive mindset and are good at handling periods of intense workload. You can put your excellent communication skills to draft detailed requirement recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Identify industry trends and make proposals for the research roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the continuous development of the requirements.
- Carrying out research initiatives and develop new and innovative research methods. You will employ a variety of methods like desk-research and custom surveys.
- Collect and analyse data into meaningful insights that can contribute to the development of our requirements and marketing and product development strategies.
- delve into the development within the shipping sector.
Job requirements / qualifications
- HBO or master’s degree in the field of sustainability (e.g. energy/environmental engineering/analytical studies)
- Quality minded, curious, accurate
- Knowledge of and experience in shipping
- Team player, with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent comminication skills. Fluent in English, both verbal and writen
- Ability to organise and prioritise your own work
- No 9-5 mentality
- Interest in shipping, knowledge of and experience in shipping is a pré
Our ideal candidate has been working in the field for over three years and has an entrepreneurial spirit, agile and dynamic way of working. He/she is result-oriented, self-motivated and pragmatic. He/she is open to work in a multicultural and international team.
What we offer
- A dynamic, informal and international working environment
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions
- A promising working environment with plenty of room to contribute your own ideas and initiatives.
- A versatile position at a social organization that is in full development.
- At Green Award, our accomplishments rely on our remarkable team of dedicated professionals who bring passion to their work every day.
If you are the person we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Your application stating qualifications, experience, motivation and contact details would be welcomed by Bureau Green Award.
Stichting Green Award
Att. Mrs. L. Hazel-Jones
T +31 10 21 70 200
E [email protected]
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated