Cable Installation Engineer Offshore Wind
The world of offshore cables is versatile and so is your role. Our people in the Cable Unit are involved in all aspects of cable installation in offshore wind projects; from tenders to projects.
Are you creative, do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job that challenges you every day? We are looking for Cable Installation Engineers.
In this role you will be involved in offshore wind projects focussing on the cable installations. You will be based at our Offshore Wind Cable Unit in Gorinchem where you will give operational support to tenders and projects in preparation and execution phase.
- Being part of the cable installation expertise centre of Van Oord’s Offshore Energy division;
- Developing installation procedures for offshore wind projects including selection of the suitable vessels, developing positioning plans for these vessels, design and engineering of all installation methods and selecting the required equipment and tools;
- Reviewing and organizing internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports, etc);
- Ensuring the timely delivery of assigned deliverables against the tender/project schedule, within budget and to the required quality level;
- Preparing for, managing and coordinating engineering subcontractor scope of works;
- Performing the technical preparation and execution support of project execution ;
- Demonstrating a pro-active mindset in order to deal with unexpected circumstances during execution (trouble shooting);
- Understanding and advising on how to manage project risks and its implications on the safe execution, the programme, the budget and overall quality;
- Feeding lessons learned back into the Cable Unit expertise centre and contribute to continuous improvement;
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil, Maritime or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Strong analytical, practical and pragmatic skills to solve complex problems;
- Flexible and able to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment;
- Problem solving mindset;
- Being a team player and good in developing connections within the company as well as external;
- Having supervisory and coaching skills towards the (junior) Cable Unit engineers in our department;
- A good command of English, both written and spoken.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Additional allowances for working on board / on project locations abroad;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2,15 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.