Cost Engineer Offshore
For decades, Van Oord has been a leading specialist in delivering ground-breaking projects in a challenging offshore market for pipeline, subsea rock and single point mooring installations. Our growth strategy to explore new sustainable business and the accelerating force of the energy transition is causing the offshore activities to shift. In the coming years, we will focus on stabilising and protecting offshore infrastructure, offshore renewables, and cables for offshore wind farms. Through our Ocean Health programme, we explore alternative areas, like carbon capture and storage solutions, restoring and growing coral reefs and mangroves, and marine ecosystems in general. To retain our leading position and to shape our new business, we are looking for a Cost Engineer Offshore to join our tender teams in Van Oord’s Offshore business unit.As a Cost Engineer Offshore, you will play an integral role in the tendering process for offshore projects in which your estimate can make the difference. Is drawing up multidisciplinary budgets for complex offshore projects what gets you excited?
Than read on.Our Offshore business unit takes on multidisciplinary and complex tenders. Together with the tender team, you will work on projects varying from the laying, burial and landing of a pipeline to the subsea burial of a cable and the growing of a coral reef. After Van Oord has been prequalified as a contractor for a project, a tender team is put together. You will start a new tender by going through all project documentation and a tender kick-off with the team headed by the Tender Manager. With all input, you will start making the first calculations. When necessary, you will seek advice to ensure that you can provide the tender team with a budget as quickly as possible. You will often deal with tight deadlines, so goal-oriented work and good communication are essential in this role.
As a Cost Engineer, you will prepare economically and technically valid cost estimates for tenders. You will not only set up the calculation, but you will also understand what is really going on in the field. In this way, you will be able to advise the tender team, based on your specialism, on the most cost-efficient design. Other responsibilities are:
- Coordination with the relevant departments such as Engineering, Operations and Ship Management with the aim of drawing up an accurate and valid cost estimate;
- Coordination with our risk and planning specialist(s) to strive for fully integrated project management;
- Drawing up work calculations and offering support during the implementation phase of a project;
- Actively developing your expertise by staying informed on the latest developments in the market and identifying possible opportunities for Van Oord.
As a person, you are immune to stress and you have the capacity to work methodically, but above all you are a team player with excellent communication skills.You also bring:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in a technical field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in making cost estimates;
- Experience with Cleopatra software is a definite plus;
- Experience in the offshore/maritime industry;
- Excellent command of the English language, verbally as well as in writing.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is een wereldwijd actieve en toonaangevende aannemer van bagger-, waterbouwkundige en offshore projecten (olie, gas en wind). Wij zijn een innovatieve partner voor onze opdrachtgevers en dragen al meer dan honderd jaar bij aan de infrastructuur voor de wereld van morgen. Onze mensen zijn betrokken, ondernemende professionals met een passie voor water en technologie.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact me.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.