Lead Document Controller
Your role at Van Oord is more than just a job; it's a chance to influence the quality of our work and shape the future of renewable energy. As the Lead Document Controller in our QHSE department, you'll be a key player in both national and international projects, contributing to our commitment to safety and sustainability.
As the Lead Document Controller, you'll be the focal point for all project-related document control matters, facilitating seamless communication among clients, subcontractors, and suppliers. Van Oord provides an environment that fosters professional growth, encouraging you to contribute your ideas and skills to the company's ongoing success. Your projects will range from the iconic Palm Tree Island in Dubai, to cutting-edge offshore wind farms.
- Coordinate and lead the project document control team, ensuring traceability of all project deliverables using our SharePoint-based Document Management System;
- Prepare project-specific Document Management Plans, incorporating client-specific requirements and ensuring compliance with the Van Oord Management System (VOMS). You are responsible for the compliance of all project deliverables with the project document management plan;
- Establish document workflows for clients, certifying authorities, subcontractors, and suppliers based on agreed-upon review schedules;
- Attend project meetings, providing Document Control input;
- Contribute to the improvement of our Document Management System for Projects (DMS4P).
The Document Control team comprises 23 enthusiastic colleagues who are setting a new standard for the quality of our work. Together with the team, you will focus on further professionalizing and automating our workflow to provide the best support for our project and tender teams.
Internally, you will collaborate with various disciplines. You will also engage with external stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, certification authorities, and more. Every day is slightly different, and that's exactly what keeps you motivated!
People describe you as a colleague with great communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and attention to detail to efficiently manage project documents. Next to that:
- Higher Vocational Education (HBO) level or equivalent;
- 10+ years of experience in document control, including leadership roles;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Dutch and English;
- You are available to work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Your proactive and persistent attitude will be invaluable in overcoming challenges. The ability to provide clear guidance and leadership to the team is crucial for success in this role. Join us at Van Oord, where your expertise will drive our mission to create a sustainable future powered by innovation and safety.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2,15 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.