Senior Transport & Installation Engineer
Are you creative, do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job that challenges you every day? We are looking for Transport & Installation Engineers.In this role you will be involved in offshore wind projects focusing on the transport, lifting and installation of wind turbines and their foundations. You will be based at our Offshore Wind Foundation Unit in Gorinchem where you will give operational support to tenders and projects in preparation and execution phase.
Being part of the transport and installation knowledge centre of Van Oord’s Offshore Energy division means you have the following responsibilities;
- Developing installation procedures for offshore wind projects including selection of the suitable vessels, developing positioning plans for these vessels and selecting the required equipment and tools;
- Developing concept and detailed lifting arrangements, deck layouts and sea-fastenings;
- Reviewing and organize review of internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports, etc.);
- Responsible for the timely delivery of assigned deliverables against the tender/project schedule, within budget and to the required quality level;
- Preparing for, managing and coordinating engineering subcontractor scope of works;
- Performing engineering, technical preparation and execution support of offshore wind projects;
- Assist projects in dealing with unexpected circumstances during execution (trouble shooting);
- Understanding and advising on how to manage project risks and its implications on programme, budget and quality;
- Feeding lessons learned back into the Foundation Unit knowledge centre and contribute to continuous improvement.
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil, Maritime or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Strong analytical, practical and pragmatic skills to solve complex problems;
- Flexible and able to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment;
- Problem solving mindset;
- Being a team player and good in forming connections within the company as well as external;
- Having supervisory and coaching skills towards the (junior) installation engineers in our department;
- A good command of English, both written and spoken.
We offer you a position in which you will make a significant contribution to our mission of 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- A salary in line with your responsibilities and experience;
- An attractive travel allowance (€0.31 per km)- and home working allowance (€2.15- per day);
- Additional allowances for working on board/on project sites abroad;
- 32 holidays (of which a maximum of 7 are collective);
- Variable bonus, depending on company results, among other things;
- An attractive pension scheme;
- Possibility of collective health insurance (Van Oord pays for your supplementary package);
- Flexible home working arrangement; on a full-time basis, you can work from home for 2 days.
- Extensive development opportunities, including a very comprehensive online academy via Goodhabitz;
- Communities to join, such as: Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- Various events and sports activities, including winter sports, sailing weekend, cycling and motorcycling.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.