To expand our Ship Management Department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for a fulltime Technical Superintendent. In this role you ensure that our vessels are in excellent technical state, so they operate effectively worldwide. You will manage several vessels and give technical advice and support to the technical crew members on board.
You are the first point of contact and advise the captains of our vessels. You lead and give guidance to dockings, repairs and maintenance on our state-of-the-art equipment. Furthermore:
- You draft final reports (both technical and financial);
- You advise on necessary technical improvements;
- You help the crew in solving technical problems on board, by phone, email or on board;
- You monitor the logistics of purchase orders;
- You check and monitor plant maintenance and safety performance.
In addition to having a solid technical background, it is important you are comfortable working with different nationalities and in building a sustainable connection. You have a flexible and proactive attitude and keep an updated overview of budget and planning. Besides that:
- You have a higher professional degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of five years of work experience in maritime or shipbuilding repairs;
- You have experience with execution of repairs and dockings;
- You live or want to live in The Netherlands and willing to work irregularly and travel internationally;
- You have excellent command in English, both spoken and written.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Additional allowances for working on board / on project locations abroad;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2,15 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact Kim Duifhuis.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!