Specialist Shock & Noise (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Specialist Shock & Noise who can start on short notice on a temporary basis
As Interim Engineer Shock & Noise you will during the engineering phase be involved in the design aspects related to shock (from mines and torpedoes), underwater noise, sonar self-noise and inboard noise. Generally, the ship structure and the mounting of system components shall be designed by you with respect to these joint requirements. Mounting design will involve own-frequencies, displacements and accelerations of components and skids, including selections of flexible mountings. During the proposal phase you will define, and negotiate relevant requirements, standards, and norms. Besides design calculations, you will have frequent contact with the structural engineers, suppliers, customers. In the production phase you will be involved with full-scale testing and validations on board.
As Engineer Shock & Noise (Project Based) you will also support R&D project in this field. These activities can include verifications and validations, software development, product development and process development.
As Engineer Shock & Noise (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor or master in Naval Architecture, Mechanical engineering, or Aerospace engineering.
- Knowledge of and experience with underwater shock, inboard- and underwater noise onboard ships.
- Experience with design of flexible mountings and inboard noise calculations.
- Experience with relevant software tools (6-DOF, FEMAP, ANSYS).
- Experience with relevant international standards (STANAG, IMO, Class).
- Characteristics: analytical, pragmatic, creative, persuasive, and enthusiastic.
- Good command of English both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Specialist Shock & Noise (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1