CNOOC’s Penglai 19-9 Project Begins Production

Chinese oil company, CNOOC, informed that the Penglai 19-9 comprehensive adjustment project has started production.

The Penglai 19-9 oil field is located in Bohai Bay which has an average water depth of approximately 30 meters.

In addition to fully utilizing the existing facilities of Penglai 19-3 oil field, this adjustment project has also built one wellhead platform.

There are 57 planned producing wells in total with two wells currently producing approximately 750 barrels of crude oil per day, the company said.

The adjustment project is expected to reach its overall development program designed peak production of approximately 13,000 barrels of crude oil per day in 2019.

CNOOC has 51% working interest in Penglai 19-9 oil field and acts as the operator, while its partner, ConocoPhillips China holds the remaining 49% working interest.

Related news

List of related news articles