APAC LNG Forum to Be Held in Singapore
As work progresses with the Prelude, Petronas FLNG 1 and the Pacific Rubiales projects, there is increasing interest in the role floating LNG projects may play in developing gas reserves, especially in areas with little existing infrastructure. Asia in particular is a key geography where small to mid-scale LNG projects could provide the most impact to meet energy requirements.
Indonesia and the Philippines in particular are 2 countries looking to overcome this hurdle; both countries have either stranded gas reserves or many smaller outlying islands which are not connected to the main distribution network. This poses the critical challenge: how to develop and commercialise small to mid-scale LNG projects and integrate a supply and distribution network?
At the 3rd Annual Asia Pacific Small & Mid-Scale LNG (APAC LNG) Forum in Singapore later this year, experts from across the region are expected to address this issue and discuss the commercial, regulatory and technical obstacles that stand between small and mid-scale LNG proliferation in Asia. The Advisory Committee for this year’s Forum features George Wong, Manager Technology and Business Development, ABS, Paul Sullivan, Global Director LNG & FLNG, WorleyParsons, Derek Thomas, Director Strategic Technologies & Partnerships, AG&P, Sushil Purohit, Regional Director, Wärtsilä and Karthik Sathyamoorthy, Head Of Asia Pacific, Galway Group.
The programme developed by these industry leaders will deliver a full value-chain of topics including applications for small to mid-scale LNG in transportation & power generation, vessel development, LNG bunkering, global & country specific market drivers, financing, legal & regulatory requirements and more. Speakers confirmed to address the Forum include:
- Rene Van Vilet, Chief Project and Technology Officer & Tamar Project Director, Pangea LNG B.V. & Next Decade
- Thomas Chhoa, General Manager Global LNG Transport, Shell
- Laura Saguin, Division Chief for Natural Gas, The Philippine Department Of Energy
- Anton Safronov, LNG Origination Director, Total Gas & Power
- Lars Petter Blikom, Segment Director LNG, DNV GL Oil & Gas
- Dr.-Ing. Marc Schier, Vice President Business Development and Sales, LNG and Natural Gas Plants, Linde AG (Linde Engineering Division)
- Tony Regan, Principal Consultant, Tri-Zen
- Sarah Fairhurst, Partner, The Lantau Group
- Sponsors and Exhibitors confirmed for the event include GTT (Gaztransport & Technigaz), Linde AG (Linde Engineering Division) and Rolls Royce. It is also supported by industry associations including the Independant Power Producers Forum (IPPF) and the GEP APAC.