BAM International completes Costa Norte LNG job
BAM International said that its joint venture with Iconsa, a marine construction company active in Panama, said it has completed work on the Costa Norte LNG terminal.
In a brief statement on its social media channels, BAM International informed that work on the LNG import jetty and an intake/outfall structure for Panama’s first import terminal is “substantially complete.”
The contract value for the joint venture is around $ 39 million with the scope comprising the marine facilities, consisting of the LNG jetty with a 216-meter-long trestle, a 50m x 35m platform, four breasting dolphins, six mooring dolphins as well as the intake and outfall structure.
The import jetty is designed to receive LNG vessels in the range of 30,000 to 180,000 cubic meters.
Following the completion of the works, the terminal received the first commissioning cargo onboard Engie’s 154,000-cbm LNG carrier Provalys, loaded with liquefied natural gas sourced at Cheniere’s Sabine Pass LNG plant.
US energy company AES Corporation, through AES Colon, owns a 50.1 percent stake in the LNG-to-power project, while the remaining 49.9 percent share is owned by Inversiones Bahia.
LNG World News Staff