The Award for "Best Innovation in Offshore Energy" is intended to highlight the best innovation in the entire offshore energy market, within the last two years (2017 and 2018).
Best Innovation in Offshore Energy Award winner 2018, OASYS - ECE Offshore BV (picture on the left).
• PULSE, IHC IQIP
• Electrical Thermal Energy Storage, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy GmbH & Co. KG
• CIS System, DEME Offshore
Benefits for nominees
Benefits of being nominated by the jury
• Use of Best Innovation in Offshore Energy - Nominee logo on your website and in marketing and public relations material;
• A personalized Nominee promo film;
• Promotion on the Offshore Energy website, social media, in mailings and print media;
• Gain broad international recognition and significant market visibility through global media coverage;
• The independent endorsement of your company's expertise and professionalism via a review by a jury of industry experts, business executives and academics;
• Attend the black tie Opening Gala Dinner and Awards Show in the Amsterdome, Amsterdam, at one of the Nominees Tables (2 tickets) and meet international offshore energy professionals.
Benefits of winning
The above plus:
• Being the Winner of the Best Innovation in Offshore Energy Award;
• An Offshore Energy Awards trophy and certificate;
• Use of the Offshore Energy Award Winner logo on your website and in marketing and public relations material.
01 March 2019 Registration Offshore Energy Awards open
31 May 2019 Registration Offshore Energy Awards closed
07 June 2019 First ranking round by Jury. A maximum of 6 nominees will be invited to pitching round.
20 June 2019 Pitching round Offshore Energy Awards
26 June 2019 Announcement of the three nominees per award
07 October 2019 Announcing the winner per award during the Offshore Energy Opening Gala Dinner & Awards Show 2019 at the Amsterdome in Amsterdam
Joop Roodenburg is President of Huisman. A Delft University of Technology graduate; he developed the world's first heavy lift mast crane for offshore lifts in 1983. In 2018, Huisman delivered two 10,000-tonne Tub Cranes, the world's largest to date. Joop Roodenburg led his company into the pipelay market in 1996 and the offshore drilling market in 1998. Today the company is known for its advanced and pioneering solutions for the oil & gas, renewables, civil engineering and leisure markets. In 2015, Joop Roodenburg founded 'Buccaneer Delft', a centre for energy and offshore and accelerator for young technology companies. With the accelerator he envisions to pass on his drive for technology, innovation and entrepreneurship to the new generation of young and ambitious entrepreneurs.
On January 1, 2019 Saskia Rijtema joined Van Oord as Project Director in the Offshore Wind Unit. As Project Director she leads the joint venture between Van Oord and Hellenic Cables for the Hollandse Kust Zuid project. Saskia joined Van Oord after working twenty-one years for Heerema Marine Contractors in various roles where she was involved in many projects all around the world. Over the years she has developed a wide engineering and project execution experience in the various business activities of HMC.
In 2014, Saskia took on the responsibility as VP Technology and was promoted to Senior Vice-President Technology and Innovation in January 2016, where she was responsible for all engineering for projects, tenders and assets worldwide as well as HMC's innovation agenda. On June 1, 2017 Saskia Rijtema was appointed Chief Operating Officer of Heerema Marine Contractors, where she was responsible for Project & Services, Operations, QASHE and later also Technology.
Ronald is responsible for ABN AMRO Bank's corporate finance advisory activities in the global Transportation & Logistics sector and has a focus on the maritime & offshore industry. Ronald is a Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam graduate in Financial Economics. In the last 18 years, Ronald advised on numerous mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions such as the acquisition of TIP Trailer Services, the initial public offering of SIF Group and various assignments for Royal IHC, Van Oord and Pon Holdings. In 2016, Ronald joined the Board of Our Oceans Challenge Foundation as Treasurer. In 2018, he became a Board Member of Nederland Maritiem Land on behalf of ABN AMRO. Furthermore, Ronald is an investor in and advisory board member of EdTech start-up Leeruniek.
Reinier Nagtegaal co-founded ECE Offshore in 2014 and since then focused on proving high-quality engineering services to various installation contractors in the offshore wind industry. In his role as Managing Director, he looks after the growth of ECE Offshore as a company and the further development and deployment of the cable touchdown monitoring system OASYS. His expertise lies in hydrodynamics, cable installation engineering and conceptual development of new products. Reinier holds a MSc degree from Delft University of Technology in Offshore Engineering.