E.ON receives nod for wildcat well drilling

  • Exploration & Production

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted E.ON E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 6507/3-11 S, in the Norwegian Sea. 

According to the NPD, well 6507/3-11 S will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin drilling rig.

The drilling programme for well 6507/3-11 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 650. E.ON E&P Norge AS is the operator with a 60 per cent ownership interest, and Statoil Petroleum AS is the other licensee with a 40 per cent interest.

The production licence consists of part of block 6507/3 and was awarded in APA 2011. Wildcat well 6507/3-11 S will be the first well in production licence 650.

The permit is contingent upon the operator having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling starts.

[mappress mapid=”2070″]

Related news

List of related news articles