Elsevier Releases Seven Books on Renewables
Elsevier, a provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announced the publication of seven new books on renewable energy.
The list includes:
- Renewable Energy Systems: A Smart Energy Systems Approach to the Choice and Modeling of 100% Renewable Solutions by Henrik Lund
- Renewable Energy Integration: Practical Management of Variability, Uncertainty, and Flexibility in Power Grids by Lawrence Jones
- Renewable Energy System Design by Ziyad Salameh
- The Future of Energy by Brian Towler
- Offshore Wind: A Comprehensive Guide to Successful Offshore Wind Farm Installation by Kurt Thomsen
- Solar Energy: Thermal Balance for Efficient Heating and Cooling by Dorota Chwieduk
- Advances in Hydrogen Production, Storage and Distribution by Angelo Basile and Adolfo Iulianelli
All of the new books will be featured at this week’s World Renewable Energy Congress in London, August 3-8.
Dr. Lund’s Renewable Energy Systems provides a comprehensive methodology for comparing different energy systems’ abilities to integrate fluctuating and intermittent renewable energy sources. In addition, it discusses the socio-political challenges of implementing the shift to renewables. Readers can also use the software tool EnergyPLAN as a supporting resource. Dr. Lund is the architect behind EnergyPLAN, which automates and simplifies the calculations supporting energy system analysis. He is a globally recognized renewable energy researcher, a professor in Energy Planning at Aalborg University in Denmark and Editor-in-Chief of the Elsevier journal, Energy.
Renewable Energy Integration by industry thought-leader Dr. Lawrence Jones is the first book to lay out the key issues around the integration of renewables into power grids and markets. It covers the intricacies of operational and planning considerations to the supporting regulatory and policy frameworks. The book also provides global case studies that highlight the challenges of renewables integration and presents field-tested solutions. Dr. Jones is Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Policy & Industry Relations at Alstom Grid Inc. and a member of Federal Smart Grid Advisory Committee of the United States Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology.