Eni to Drill Barents Sea Well with Scarabeo 8

Eni to Drill Barents Sea Well with Scarabeo 8

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Eni Norge AS a drilling permit for well 7122/7-6, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 7122/7-6 will be drilled by the Scarabeo 8 drilling facility in position 71o16`11.44″ north and 22o19´20.14″ east.

The drilling program for well 7122/7-6 concerns drilling of an appraisal well in production licence 229. Eni Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 65 per cent. The other licensee is Statoil Petroleum AS with 35 per cent.

The production licence consists of parts of blocks 7122/7, 8, 9, 10 and 7123/7 and was awarded in the Barents Sea Project in 1997.

Wildcat well 7122/7-6 is the seventh exploration well in production licence 229.

The drilling permit is contingent upon the licensee securing other permits and consents required by other authorities before starting the drilling activity.

[mappress]
Press Release, October 15, 2012

Related news

List of related news articles