GLE Releases European Small-Scale LNG Map
LNG as fuel in maritime and road transport and energy solution in off-grid destinations is gathering ground throughout Europe. The GLE small-scale LNG map launched today for the first time provides the LNG industry with an overview of the available, planned and announced small-scale LNG infrastructure and services in Europe.
The newly launched GLE small-scale LNG map provides the following information:
LNG import terminals offering new LNG services
– Reloading: Transfer of LNG from the LNG reservoirs of the terminal into a vessel;
– Transshipment: Direct transfer of LNG from one vessel into another;
– Loading of bunker ships: LNG is loaded on bunkering ships which supply to LNG-fuelled ships or LNG bunkering facilities for vessels;
– Truck loading: LNG is loaded on tank trucks which transport LNG in smaller quantities;
– Rail loading: LNG is loaded on rail tanks which transport LNG in smaller quantities.
Press Release, March 28, 2014