Green light to Statoil for Mim appraisal
- Exploration & Production
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Statoil a drilling permit for an appraisal well in the Norwegian Sea.
The well 6507/3-12 A will be drilled with the Deepsea Bergen semi-submersible drilling rig, which is owned and operated by Odfjell Drilling.
The drilling program for well 6507/3-12 A relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 159 B, in a prospect named Mim. The well will be drilled about 11 kilometers southwest of the Norne field.
The oil company recently drilled the exploration well 6507/3-12 in the prospect using the same drilling rig. The consent to use the rig was received last December and the drilling permit was obtained in January.
Statoil Petroleum is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 85 percent. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge with 15 percent. The area in this license is part of block 6507/3. Production license 159 was awarded in licensing round 12 Part B on the Norwegian shelf, and production license 159 B was carved out on August 13, 2004.
The Deepsea Bergen rig is of an Aker H-3 type, built in 1983. It is classified by DNV GL and registered in Norway.
Offshore Energy Today Staff