Lundin Gets Approval to Drill New North Sea Well (Norway)
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for well 7/4-3. Lundin will drill the well using the Mærsk Guardian jack-up rig.
The drilling programme for the well pertains to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 495. Lundin Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Tullow Oil Norge AS (40 per cent). Production licence 495 was awarded in 2009 (APA 2008).
The area in this production licence is in the southwest of the North Sea, and borders the UK sector. The licence lies between the Gaupe and Brynhild fields. Well 7/4-3 is the first exploration well in this production licence.
February 27, 2013