Lundin gets nod for North Sea wildcat well

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit to drill well 16/1-25 S in the North Sea, offshore Norway.

According to the NPD, the well 16/1-25 S will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin drilling rig, south of the Edvard Grieg field, in production licence 338 C.

Lundin is the operator with an ownership interest of 80 per cent. The other licensee is OMV (Norway) AS with 20 per cent.

The area in this licence consists of part of block 16/1.

Production licence 338 C was separated from production licence 338 and awarded on December 16, 2014. This is the second exploration well to be drilled within the area covered by the permit, the NPD says.

The NPD notes that the permit is contingent upon the operator having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling starts.

[mappress mapid=”2551″]

Related news

List of related news articles