Lundin gets nod for Norwegian Sea wildcat

  • Business & Finance

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore, in the Norwegian Sea.Image 2. Rig in Norway, Bredford Dolphin ©2008 Simon Townsley

The Wellbore 6405/12-1 will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin semi-submersible drilling rig after completing drilling of wildcat well 16/4-8 S for Lundin Norway AS in production licence 359.

The drilling programme for wellbore 6405/12-1 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 584. Lundin Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Bayerngas Norge AS (40 per cent). The area in this licence consists of block 6405/12 and parts of blocks 6405/9, 6406/7, 6406/10, 6305/3 and 6306/1. The well will be drilled about 80 kilometres northeast of the Ormen Lange field.

Production licence 584 was awarded on 4 Feb. 2011 (APA 2010 on the Norwegian shelf). This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.


Press Release, August 26, 2014


Related news

List of related news articles