Magseis begins more Red Sea seismic work
Geophysical company Magseis has completed the initial part of Saudi Aramco’s Red Sea seismic survey together with its partner BGP Arabia and started working on the previously agreed extension of the work.
Magseis said on Tuesday that, following a short yard stay and mobilization, the crew began acquisition on the extension announced back in March.
To remind, the initial contract for Saudi Aramco’s large-scale ocean bottom seismic acquisition in the Red Sea was announced in February 2016. The project was expected to last for nine months and had a 12-month extension option.
Magseis and BGP Arabia officially began operations on the project in the summer of 2016 following a period of preparation and testing.
The company added on Tuesday that the combination of Magseis’ OBS technology, known as MASS, and BGP’s transition zone expertise would ensure efficient operations in a complicated surface and geological conditions with a combination of deep and shallow marine work.
Regarding the start of the extension, Magseis CEO Idar Horstad said: “Our excellent operations team and crew onboard the Artemis Athene is once again demonstrating outstanding efforts and performance during the completion of the initial survey and the mobilization- and initial deployment phase of the extension. We look forward to another successful project in the Red Sea in close cooperation with our partner BGP.”